Skip to main content

Instagram Support

As I have previously mentioned the support I found within the Instagram community was incredible. 

There are lots of accounts that I stumbled across on my stroke journey that I found immensely helpful and, with their permission, I would love to share them with you:

Mental_Health_With_Coffee -  A mother who also happens to be a Mental Health Advocate, She is a survivor of Narcissistic abuse and wages war with depression and anxiety. If you're looking for motivational quotes and informative advice this is your place to be. 


TheAimzRecovery - Amy: A Young Stroke Survivor. Amy tells her story of recovery with nothing but positivity. She is an incredibly inspiring young lady whose stories make me look forward to my future as a Stroke Survivor and the things I could potentially achieve with the right mindset. 


Cleaning_Away_Anxiety - Lisa shares her home life with her followers, she lives with chronic asthma and is sharing her journey through Covid and going back to work after a long period of sick leave as well as using The Organised Mum Method to keep on top of housework and motivate others to do the same.  Lisa talks about real life issues and doesn't hold anything back from her followers, she's honest and open and talks very openly about anxiety and the effect it has on her.

SprayAwayTheDay - Naomi manages to share her experiences of mental health openly and honestly as well as providing support to others at the same time! She is an absolute machine. I very often share her posts because they resonate on a deep level with the way I feel in the moment, and I know that a lot of my followers would feel the same way too. 

Hinching_My_Anxiety_Away - A personal blog written by a Mrs Hinch Fan who uses cleaning as a outlet to manage her anxiety. This lady is also a survivor of domestic violence. She provides endless motivational and informative posts for her followers.

Survivingstroke - Therese provides a frank and honest account of what it is like living after a stroke. She bares all and doesn't hold anything back at all. When I discovered her page I instantly knew I wasn't alone on this journey. 

Cleanupwithanxiety - Karen is a wife and mother of 3 who battles with anxiety everyday. Her account is not only full of beautiful home inspo but tonnes of helpful motivational messages. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alternative Methods for Recovery

  When I was first visited by my Occupational Therapist she gave me a list of activities and exercises I could do to improve the strength in my affected hand. She gave me some resistance bands and some 'Theraputty' and a page of instructions and left me to it.  I got bored of these incredibly quickly and started searching for ways I could incorporate these exercises into different activities that would hold my interest for longer.  It was Lee who noticed an advert on Facebook for diamond art pictures, he thought that the level of concentration and fine motor skills it required would help with my spasticity on my affected side. He was right, I was instantly hooked. For weeks I sat in bed with a tray on my lap putting thousands of tiny gem stones on pictures and creating beautiful (if a little wonky) works of art... I mean I'm not about to frame them and put them on the walls in my front room any time soon but they were fun to do.  I also took an interest in colouring ...

Happy New Year - 2022

Firstly, I want to apologise for the lack of posts for the last few months; I have really struggled to pull myself out of the  rut I was stuck in if I am completely honest. Secondly, and most importantly, I came to wish each and every one of my readers a very happy New Year; may 2022 bring you all health, wealth and happiness.   

It's all my fault

  As soon as my diagnosis hit I was inundated with letters and calls for appointments with various doctors and specialists.  A stroke in someone so young raises red flags for things such as small holes in the heart which can allow clots to pass through and end up causing a stroke. So ultimately the hospital will do every test possible, cover every base, until they find something that may potentially show up as a reason for stroke.  Now, as I mentioned before, I've got a really irrational fear of hospitals and anything related to them, needles mainly. So this wasn't good news for me.  The first things I had done were simple things, I was fitted with a blood pressure monitor for 24 hours, after that I had a heart monitor for 7 days to check for an irregular heartbeat, I had endless blood tests, I had 2 echocardiograms, I had ultrasounds on my neck and chest...At one point I was visiting the hospital at least once a week for something or other.  However, in my case...