Skip to main content

Happy New Year - 2022

Firstly, I want to apologise for the lack of posts for the last few months; I have really struggled to pull myself out of the  rut I was stuck in if I am completely honest. Secondly, and most importantly, I came to wish each and every one of my readers a very happy New Year; may 2022 bring you all health, wealth and happiness.  

Comments

  1. Hi, I have created a channel with tips for stroke survivors, please have a look,  to start with I have uploaded some hand exercises on my Tiktok channel- ( www.tiktok.com/@user3414882450282 ) and let me know if you find them useful. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alternative Methods for Recovery

  When I was first visited by my Occupational Therapist she gave me a list of activities and exercises I could do to improve the strength in my affected hand. She gave me some resistance bands and some 'Theraputty' and a page of instructions and left me to it.  I got bored of these incredibly quickly and started searching for ways I could incorporate these exercises into different activities that would hold my interest for longer.  It was Lee who noticed an advert on Facebook for diamond art pictures, he thought that the level of concentration and fine motor skills it required would help with my spasticity on my affected side. He was right, I was instantly hooked. For weeks I sat in bed with a tray on my lap putting thousands of tiny gem stones on pictures and creating beautiful (if a little wonky) works of art... I mean I'm not about to frame them and put them on the walls in my front room any time soon but they were fun to do.  I also took an interest in colouring ...

It's all my fault

  As soon as my diagnosis hit I was inundated with letters and calls for appointments with various doctors and specialists.  A stroke in someone so young raises red flags for things such as small holes in the heart which can allow clots to pass through and end up causing a stroke. So ultimately the hospital will do every test possible, cover every base, until they find something that may potentially show up as a reason for stroke.  Now, as I mentioned before, I've got a really irrational fear of hospitals and anything related to them, needles mainly. So this wasn't good news for me.  The first things I had done were simple things, I was fitted with a blood pressure monitor for 24 hours, after that I had a heart monitor for 7 days to check for an irregular heartbeat, I had endless blood tests, I had 2 echocardiograms, I had ultrasounds on my neck and chest...At one point I was visiting the hospital at least once a week for something or other.  However, in my case...